Beneath The Surface – Science Meets Tradition
Coastal communities have been known to have low incidences of disease and increased longevity. Specifically, the Japanese people, with their diet of soy, fish and variety of sea plants, including brown seaweed, have very low rates of disease.
Continuously the southern area of Japan has the lowest mortality rates for all types of cancer. In addition, the people on the island of Tonga have revered the brown seaweed plant, limu moui for thousands of years. Interestingly, LIMU MOUI has been found to have the richest concentration of Fucoidan among brown seaweeds. The seaweed has been used traditionally in various forms (tea, poultices, rubs, etc.) throughout Tongan generations.
Scientists have strengthened the link between this kind of diet and health through countless studies and research.
The key nutrient in LIMU MOUI is Fucoidan. The extraordinary health of ancient Tongans has always been a source of great mystery, but no one knew why. Recently, researchers have discovered the common denominator was and still is, the fucoidan found in the LIMU MOUI seaweed.
The health benefits of this "super-nutrient" known as Original LIMU, have now been documented in over 760 and growing scientific studies throughout the world - a near unprecedented feat! Original LIMU contains a high concentration of fucoidan. The LIMU Company has a chemical-free extraction process that took scientists over 15 years to perfect. During this extraction process, the fucoidan present in the limu moui plant is naturally "predigested" without the use of chemicals. The result is an abundance of fucoidan with superior bioavailability.
LIMU MOUI seaweed contains over 70 known nutrients such as:
· Glyconutrients (galactose, mannose, xylose)
· Amino acids (including glycoprotein’s)
· A wide range of essential and nonessential fatty acids
· A broad spectrum of essential minerals and vitamins
· A variety of polyphenols (powerful antioxidant plant compounds that protect the body from dangerous free radicals)
are vital for optimal immune function. Studies have found that people with unbalanced levels of glyconutrients are more likely to have health issues.
Polyphenols found in Limu Moui seaweed act as cell protectors. Scientists are continually discovering more and more benefits of these wonderful miracles of nature.
Complex polysaccharides with such a vast array of potential benefits, that it has been cited in over 760 and growing scientific studies in the National Library of Medicine
. To see a few of these mind-blowing studies for yourself, type in: FUCOIDAN in their search box.
traditionally used as a natural detoxifier
· Retain their integrity even when in a liquid suspension
· Micro-minerals: their tiny size makes them easier for our bodies to absorb through the cell wall
· Plant source of colloidal minerals are easier to absorb. They are not in a metallic form, which can poison the body.
· Help transport and utilize other nutrients such as vitamins
· Facilitate the removal of toxic substances in the body.
There are 760 and growing scientific studies done on Fucoidan at pubmed.gov
read for yourself.